An introduction to computer audio
Digital room correction
Digital Room Correction is using a processor to correct the interaction between the speakers and the room.
Proper DRC requires measuring the response using a calibrated microphone at the listening position.
This measurement is used to generate a target curve, one that compensate for the amoralities caused by the interaction between room and speakers.
DEQX HDP-3 Preamp proccesor
The HDP must be placed between the pre- and the power amp.
The signal from the pre-amp is converted to digital.
The DSP is applied and the result is converted by the DACs.
- Provides DEQX Calibrated™ speaker
correction for passive speakers
- Provides DEQX-HD™ speaker correction for up to 3-way active speakers
- DEQX-HD™ active crossovers; 48dB/octave to 300dB/octave linear-phase
- Traditional active 3-way crossovers from 6dB/octave to 48dB/octave
- Frequency-response of speakers typically corrected from 6dB range to 1dB
- Automatically corrects phase and group- delay over typically 3ms window
- 32-bit, floating-point, 240-MFLOPS processing with dual SHARC DSPs
- Audiophile 24-bit 96kHz ADC-DSP-DAC processing and conversion
- Provides anechoic measurement and detailed display for speaker correction
- Provides room-measurement/display (non-anechoic) for room correction
- Calibration Kit provides DEQX-calibrated measurement microphone
- Two analog inputs: Unbalanced (2 x RCA) and Balanced (2 x XLR)
- Two stereo digital inputs: S/PDIF (1 x RCA) and AES/EBU (1 x XLR)
- Six analog outputs: unbalanced (6 x RCA)
DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core
The new DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core room correction system can be used to correct any stereo audio system automatically. It utilizes a highly powerful DSP chipset for master grade room correction, the new dual-core VS8053 "IceDragon".
The new Anti-Mode Dual Core can be inserted between a pre-amp and a power amp (or active speakers). With automatic calibration and built-in TFT screen to display the room measurements, it offers the unmatched ease of use DSPeaker is famous for around the world.
In addition to the acclaimed Anti-Mode room correction, Dual Core also offers remote controlled USB-DAC / S/PDIF-DAC, pre-amp, volume control and versatile EQ functions. All easily controlled with the featured remote control. Both balanced XLR/RCA connections are available, but also Pure-Digital mode where the corrected signal is passed through completely in the digital domain.
- Automatically corrects any stereo system with userdefined frequency range
- Remote controller
- Can be used as a digital 1.1 crossover
- Measures and displays the room response on a color TFT display
- Supports multiple measurement points
- Custom parametric EQs (notching, peaking, lowpass, highpass)
- Easy to use House curve and Tiltcurve tools
- Supports several independent "sweet spots", selectable with remote controller
- USB DAC
- Dual 6 MHz oversampling multibit DAC per output channel
- Dual 192 kHz ADC per input channel
- Pure Digital mode (Optical)
- Digitally controlled analog volume control
Price: $1200 / €850
DCN28 is a digital crossover, pre-amplifier and room correction in one unit.
DCN28 is supplied with the XOverWizard II advanced software which is a graphical tool to manipulate with inputs, outputs, gain, crossover frequencies, crossover slopes, equalization and delay. The software features measurement engine, post processing tools, optimizer engine with target option, output listing and direct transfer to the crossover setup environment.
- 4 Digital Inputs (AES3-Coaxial-Optical)
- 2 Balanced Stereo Analogue Input
- 1 USB Audio Soundcard Input (galvanic isolated)
- Digital controlled analogue attenuation on all outputs
- 4-way stereo true balanced outputs
- Digital PCM signal 32kHz-192kHz
- Included XOverWizard II advanced software
- Included Philips SRU6006 Remote
- Optinal application code for Philips Pronto remote
- Optinal code for Logitech Harmony Remote
- Big Dimmerble Dot Matrix display
- All in one Encoder Button controlling menu and values
- 4 Power Amplifier remote trig outputs for 12V relays
- Converter Resolution 24bit
- Sample rate 96kHz
- Total processing power: 180 biquads IIR
- Frequency response: 5-48kHz (-3dB)
- Latency input-output about 1ms
- Low Standby Power
- Dimensions: 430mm x 290mm x 100mm
- The DRC - Digital Room Correction - Wiki
- Digital room equalisation - Michael Gerzon 1991
- DRC: Digital Room Correction - Denis Sbragion
- Acoustic and Psychoacoustic issues in Room Correction - James D. (jj) Johnston
& Serge Smirnov